Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Riverfront Seafood

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Riverfront Seafood

    Does anyone have an opinion on Riverfront Seafood either good or bad?

    Also the Harbor House in Abingdon....

    Thinking of trying some new places and would like to get some thoughts.

    Thanks.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    I personally don't eat seafood, but some coworkers of mine frequent both places, and they say they like them both.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_drgnfly3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2003
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    I've never ate at Riverfront but I've heard their food is good. We've never had bad service at Harbor House and the food was also good. If you're wanting to save some money but still have quality seafood, I'd go to Harbor House.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    Is the Harbor House menu strictly seafood or do they have steak and chicken?
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    Can you get broiled seafood at Riverfront or is it the same ol "fry everything in the same grease" joint ?
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    They do broiled and grilled seafood if I am not mistaken. The food is good. The owner is a bit cantankerous to put it nicely, and I do not eat there because of it.

    Harbor House is more of your calabash style place, and is very good. They do offer other options as well. I have a YES card from Science Hill HS and go to the HH in JC fairly often. It allows my wife to get a large platter and I get the 3 piece whitefish for free. Not a bad deal.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    I prefer broiled or grilled seafood...but then again I prefer oysters on the halfshell.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #8
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    So the overall consensus is that both are decent places but the Harbor House might be a slightly better in terms of service and price?
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  9. #9
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    I have eaten at the Riverfront many of times, usually get the King Crab, it has never been bad. Last time I went, me and my wife sat on the deck to eat and listened to the live band they had, band kinda sucked but food was good. I may have ate Alligator meat that round.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •